We have some shoes to fill!!!
Van Arsdale PTSA is looking for volunteers to serve on the Executive Board next year
TOP 10 Reasons to volunteer on the Van Arsdale PTSA Executive Board:
10. It’s a great way to meet other families with children the same age as your own.
9. You will become a greater part of your children’s early learning experiences!
8. You can help raise money for a great cause—your children’s education!
7. You’ll get to know the teachers at school and to understand their needs and ideas.
6. It’s one more way to meet and talk with school administrators like the principal.
5. You can create, plan, and execute fun events for the whole family!
4. It’s a few hours or so off each month from your hectic household routine.
2. You’ll experience feelings of self-worth through volunteering your time and seeing your efforts pay off in the smiles of your children and their friends.
1. And finally, the number one reason to join us…WE NEED YOU!
All positions are open for next year. The new slate of officers will be announced at our February meeting.
Please see the general description for
each position below.
President: The President will create agenda/conduct executive and general meetings once a month, send officer reports and membership reports to COPTA, help prepare for registration, help prepare membership campaign, welcome back staff lunch, hold introduction committee chair meeting, file with CO Secretary of State, update bylaws as needed, set school calendar with principal, and help recruit committee chairs.
Vice President (2 VP’s serve on the board): The Vice presidents will share the following duties: help create membership campaign, help prepare registration, welcome back staff lunch, parent teacher conference dinner for staff, and all fundraising,
Treasurer: The Treasurer will file fiscal report with COPTA, attend registration, have budget meeting, prepare budget reports for general meetings, respond to check requests and cash request for events and activities, track budget, balance bank statements, prepare and file annual audit information to COPTA, and prepare and file tax returns.
Secretary: The Secretary will take notes/minutes at each executive/general meeting, hospitality, prepare PTSA directory, post general meeting minutes on the PTSA website, and file minutes in the library binders.
VP Communications Facebook: Maintain and update PTSA Facebook page, update and send out PTSA online Friday Folder weekly
VP Communications Website: Maintain and update school website, give list of events to be listed on school marquee to front office staff, give morning announcements to front office staff, help create and maintain online forms
If you or someone you know are interested or just have questions please contact Brandy Kartchner at email@example.com or 925-360-6051.