2015 Van Arsdale Talent Show:
It is time again for the Van Arsdale Talent Show, to be help on Friday, March 13th at 6:00pm. We will be utilizing Drake Middle Schools auditorium for the second year in row (it worked out very well last year). As always, each student can be in one act, either solo, duet or group act. WE ARE CHANGING THE MAXIMUM ALOTED TIME PER ACT TO 2-1/2 MINUTES. NO ACT CAN EXCEED THIS 2-1/2 MINUTE MAXIMUM. Also, since this is a talent show for the students of Van Arsdale and about the students of Van Arsdale, we would like to keep anyone on stage for the act Van Arsdale Students only. Please make note of the important items due and dates below. In order to participate, you must meet all of the deadlines, meetings, rehearsal spots, etc:
1) The forms are due by the end of school on Friday, February 27th. IF YOU ARE SINGING A SONG, OR USING A SONG FOR BACKGROUND (WITH THE WORDS), YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THE LYRICS TO THE FORM. AND, WE NEED ONE FORM PER STUDENT PARTICIPATING IN THE ACT (FOR THOSE ACTS WITH MORE THAN ONE STUDENT), THIS FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT BY THE PARENT. IF THE FORM AND LYRICS (if music is being used) are not in by the end of the day on the 27th, the student will not be allowed to participate in the Talent Show.
2) NEW THIS YEAR, NO ACT CAN EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES TOTAL!
3) We have a mandatory parent/student meeting on Friday, March 6th @ 8:00am in the Van Arsdale Gym. AT THIS MEETING, ANY CHILD USING MUSIC MUST BRING IN A CD OR MEMORY STICK WITH YOUR EDITED SONG (NOT TO EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES) ON THIS DAY. WE ARE NOT DOING ANY EDITING, SO THE MUSIC TURNED IN, MUST ALREADY BE EDITED AND MUST NOT EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES. This entire show is very time consuming and Mr. Carpenter takes a lot of his personal time to get all the details and all of the music downloaded to one place, for the show. HE DOES NOT HAVE TIME, AND WILL NOT DO ANY EDITING. If you cannot turn in an edited disk or stick on the 6th, you will not be allowed to use music for the show.
4) Last year we had multiple students and acts ask us about using video’s or different and special lighting. PLEASE DO NOT BASE YOUR ACT AROUND ANY VIDEO’S OR SPECIAL LIGHTING OF ANY KIND. We set the lights at the start of the show and they stay the same throughout the entire show. As a lot of you know, this is a very long show, and we do not have the time, or ability, to add video’s or change up lighting in between acts. Thank you for your understanding with this.
5) All participants must be able to come to one rehearsal the week of the show (Monday, March 9th, Tuesday, March 10th, Wednesday, March 11th or Thursday, March 12th…..all at 8:00am)
VA Talent Show Flyer 2015