Is your child eligible for the Grand Prize Party October 2 from 1:00 to 3:00 pm hosted by PTSA? Please go here to download the permission slip: Party Permission Slip
If you have a child in grades K through 3, be on the lookout for your King Soopers card in Friday folders. If you have a child in grades 4 through 6 you will not receive a card as you will be using your Outdoor Lab card toward fees. Questions? Contact Jaci Turner at …View full post
Thanks to everyone who ordered Spirit Wear. The store is now closed. Expect delivery October 9th!
If you have a child in grades K through 3, be on the lookout for your King Soopers card in Friday folders. If you have a child in grades 4 through 6 you will not receive a card as you will be using your Outdoor Lab card toward fees. Questions? Contact Jaci Turner at 303-249-0198 or email@example.com.
Join us Thursday, September 17th from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm at Bliss Frozen Yogurt at 11651 W 64th Ave, Arvada, CO 80004.
A portion of your purchase comes back to the PTSA to support Van Arsdale.
Friday September 25th from 4-7pm – Join us for an entertaining family evening at the school. We have lots of games for all ages this year. Seventeen different carnival games, pony rides, dunk your teachers tank, obstacle course, giant slide, ice cream, cotton candy and face painting, including an area just for our preschool through 1st grade kids. We will have local food trucks provide a variety of dining options so stay for dinner!
Pre-purchasing tickets will allow you to avoid lines the night of the carnival and you will receive BONUS tickets! PTSA members receive 8 free tickets. Purchase your tickets here!
Carnival volunteers are the best volunteers and they have the most fun!
There are many ways to contribute, we need your help to make this event a success!
Hey Mountaineers – We kicked off our fall fundraiser today at an awesome assembly. Join in and help us raise money for our school and for the chance to come to our Grand Prize Party where someone special will be covered head to toe in Silly String!!
Hi Parents – This week we will kick off our annual fundraiser with a brand new company. We invite you to check backpacks for the information from ABC Fundraising on Thursday afternoons. Word on the street is that every 15 items sold is equal to one can of Silly String. Who do you think we will cover??? Stay tuned to find out and share our Facebook page with everyone at Van Arsdale!
Family Movie Night!
Movie: Big Hero 6
Date: Friday, April 10, 2015
Time: 6:30 pm (doors open at 6:15 pm)
Where: Van Arsdale Gym
Bring a seat and something to eat. We’ll provide the show.
Big Hero 6 is an action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a special bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to Baymax and his diverse group of friends— adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred — who transform into a band of unlikely heroes. Disney Animation’s adaptation of the popular Marvel Comics series. Rated: PG Run time: 102 minutes
It is time again for the Van Arsdale Talent Show, to be help on Friday, March 13th at 6:00pm. We will be utilizing Drake Middle Schools auditorium for the second year in row (it worked out very well last year). As always, each student can be in one act, either solo, duet or group act. WE ARE CHANGING THE MAXIMUM ALOTED TIME PER ACT TO 2-1/2 MINUTES. NO ACT CAN EXCEED THIS 2-1/2 MINUTE MAXIMUM. Also, since this is a talent show for the students of Van Arsdale and about the students of Van Arsdale, we would like to keep anyone on stage for the act Van Arsdale Students only. Please make note of the important items due and dates below. In order to participate, you must meet all of the deadlines, meetings, rehearsal spots, etc:
1) The forms are due by the end of school on Friday, February 27th. IF YOU ARE SINGING A SONG, OR USING A SONG FOR BACKGROUND (WITH THE WORDS), YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THE LYRICS TO THE FORM. AND, WE NEED ONE FORM PER STUDENT PARTICIPATING IN THE ACT (FOR THOSE ACTS WITH MORE THAN ONE STUDENT), THIS FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT BY THE PARENT. IF THE FORM AND LYRICS (if music is being used) are not in by the end of the day on the 27th, the student will not be allowed to participate in the Talent Show.
2) NEW THIS YEAR, NO ACT CAN EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES TOTAL!
3) We have a mandatory parent/student meeting on Friday, March 6th @ 8:00am in the Van Arsdale Gym. AT THIS MEETING, ANY CHILD USING MUSIC MUST BRING IN A CD OR MEMORY STICK WITH YOUR EDITED SONG (NOT TO EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES) ON THIS DAY. WE ARE NOT DOING ANY EDITING, SO THE MUSIC TURNED IN, MUST ALREADY BE EDITED AND MUST NOT EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES. This entire show is very time consuming and Mr. Carpenter takes a lot of his personal time to get all the details and all of the music downloaded to one place, for the show. HE DOES NOT HAVE TIME, AND WILL NOT DO ANY EDITING. If you cannot turn in an edited disk or stick on the 6th, you will not be allowed to use music for the show.
4) Last year we had multiple students and acts ask us about using video’s or different and special lighting. PLEASE DO NOT BASE YOUR ACT AROUND ANY VIDEO’S OR SPECIAL LIGHTING OF ANY KIND. We set the lights at the start of the show and they stay the same throughout the entire show. As a lot of you know, this is a very long show, and we do not have the time, or ability, to add video’s or change up lighting in between acts. Thank you for your understanding with this.
5) All participants must be able to come to one rehearsal the week of the show (Monday, March 9th, Tuesday, March 10th, Wednesday, March 11th or Thursday, March 12th…..all at 8:00am)
8th Annual Parent/Child Dance:
February 6th, 2015; 6:30 – 8:30
Please join us for the 8th annual Van Arsdale Parent/Child Dance. It will take place on Friday, February 6th, 2015 from 6:30 – 8:30pm. The cost is $10.00 per family and this dance is for Van Arsdale students only (no siblings who do not attend VA please) and their parent(s), grandparents or other relatives. The theme this year is “Jean’s and Jersey’s.” You do not need to dress up to join the fun. But, if you are interested, you can wear jeans and your favorite jersey (a pro team, one from a team you are on, etc). There will be dancing, games and a ton of family fun. Please click the link below, print a dance flyer and drop it off at school with your $10.00 check (made out to VAPTSA) or cash. Looking forward to seeing everyone there this year for another amazing dance!
WANTED: All opinions on FUNDRAISING! Have a great idea to help make money for our school? Tired of the same old fundraisers? Then we want to hear what you have to say. Take this anonymous 7 question survey and tell us what you think. The more opinions we have the better choices we can make for our school. Your 5 minutes will help us guide Van Arsdale fundraising for the 2015-2016 school year. And if you are interested we’d love to have you at a simple Q&A Meeting on Friday December 5th from 2:30-3:30 in the school library. Little ones welcome! Questions? We can be reached at VAFundraising@yahoo.com. Copy and paste this link to the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WK2TGSP
PTSA is excited to introduce a book club for kids! The book club, For the Love of Reading, will meet monthly, by grade level, over lunch, to discuss the selected book. We would love for your child to join us! Please click on the link below for more information!
For the Love of Reading Book Club meets on the following days:
- November 14, 2014
- December 12, 2014
- February 12, 2015
- March 13, 2015
- April 10, 2015
- May 8, 2015
Thank you to everyone, together we collected 15,488 BoxTops and earned $1,548.80! Continue to collect them and we will have another BoxTop drive in the spring.
Van Arsdale PTSA is proud to sponsor Van Arsdale Family Math Night on November 13, 2014. Come anytime between 6:00pm and 7:30pm to play math games related to the new Math Expressions curriculum, learn about math technology tools, see how the kids learn in class, and have your questions answered. Refreshments will be available and every kid who attends will have the chance to earn a special prize! There is no charge for the event. To RSVP, please complete a RSVP form.