2015 Van Arsdale Talent Show: It is time again for the Van Arsdale Talent Show, to be help on Friday, March 13th at 6:00pm. We will be utilizing Drake Middle Schools auditorium for the second year in row (it worked out very well last year). As always, each student can be in one act, either …View full post
It is time again for the Van Arsdale Talent Show, to be help on Friday, March 13th at 6:00pm. We will be utilizing Drake Middle Schools auditorium for the second year in row (it worked out very well last year). As always, each student can be in one act, either solo, duet or group act. WE ARE CHANGING THE MAXIMUM ALOTED TIME PER ACT TO 2-1/2 MINUTES. NO ACT CAN EXCEED THIS 2-1/2 MINUTE MAXIMUM. Also, since this is a talent show for the students of Van Arsdale and about the students of Van Arsdale, we would like to keep anyone on stage for the act Van Arsdale Students only. Please make note of the important items due and dates below. In order to participate, you must meet all of the deadlines, meetings, rehearsal spots, etc:
1) The forms are due by the end of school on Friday, February 27th. IF YOU ARE SINGING A SONG, OR USING A SONG FOR BACKGROUND (WITH THE WORDS), YOU MUST ATTACH A COPY OF THE LYRICS TO THE FORM. AND, WE NEED ONE FORM PER STUDENT PARTICIPATING IN THE ACT (FOR THOSE ACTS WITH MORE THAN ONE STUDENT), THIS FORM MUST BE FILLED OUT BY THE PARENT. IF THE FORM AND LYRICS (if music is being used) are not in by the end of the day on the 27th, the student will not be allowed to participate in the Talent Show.
2) NEW THIS YEAR, NO ACT CAN EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES TOTAL!
3) We have a mandatory parent/student meeting on Friday, March 6th @ 8:00am in the Van Arsdale Gym. AT THIS MEETING, ANY CHILD USING MUSIC MUST BRING IN A CD OR MEMORY STICK WITH YOUR EDITED SONG (NOT TO EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES) ON THIS DAY. WE ARE NOT DOING ANY EDITING, SO THE MUSIC TURNED IN, MUST ALREADY BE EDITED AND MUST NOT EXCEED 2-1/2 MINUTES. This entire show is very time consuming and Mr. Carpenter takes a lot of his personal time to get all the details and all of the music downloaded to one place, for the show. HE DOES NOT HAVE TIME, AND WILL NOT DO ANY EDITING. If you cannot turn in an edited disk or stick on the 6th, you will not be allowed to use music for the show.
4) Last year we had multiple students and acts ask us about using video’s or different and special lighting. PLEASE DO NOT BASE YOUR ACT AROUND ANY VIDEO’S OR SPECIAL LIGHTING OF ANY KIND. We set the lights at the start of the show and they stay the same throughout the entire show. As a lot of you know, this is a very long show, and we do not have the time, or ability, to add video’s or change up lighting in between acts. Thank you for your understanding with this.
5) All participants must be able to come to one rehearsal the week of the show (Monday, March 9th, Tuesday, March 10th, Wednesday, March 11th or Thursday, March 12th…..all at 8:00am)
8th Annual Parent/Child Dance:
February 6th, 2015; 6:30 – 8:30
Please join us for the 8th annual Van Arsdale Parent/Child Dance. It will take place on Friday, February 6th, 2015 from 6:30 – 8:30pm. The cost is $10.00 per family and this dance is for Van Arsdale students only (no siblings who do not attend VA please) and their parent(s), grandparents or other relatives. The theme this year is “Jean’s and Jersey’s.” You do not need to dress up to join the fun. But, if you are interested, you can wear jeans and your favorite jersey (a pro team, one from a team you are on, etc). There will be dancing, games and a ton of family fun. Please click the link below, print a dance flyer and drop it off at school with your $10.00 check (made out to VAPTSA) or cash. Looking forward to seeing everyone there this year for another amazing dance!
WANTED: All opinions on FUNDRAISING! Have a great idea to help make money for our school? Tired of the same old fundraisers? Then we want to hear what you have to say. Take this anonymous 7 question survey and tell us what you think. The more opinions we have the better choices we can make for our school. Your 5 minutes will help us guide Van Arsdale fundraising for the 2015-2016 school year. And if you are interested we’d love to have you at a simple Q&A Meeting on Friday December 5th from 2:30-3:30 in the school library. Little ones welcome! Questions? We can be reached at VAFundraising@yahoo.com. Copy and paste this link to the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WK2TGSP
PTSA is excited to introduce a book club for kids! The book club, For the Love of Reading, will meet monthly, by grade level, over lunch, to discuss the selected book. We would love for your child to join us! Please click on the link below for more information!
For the Love of Reading Book Club meets on the following days:
- November 14, 2014
- December 12, 2014
- February 12, 2015
- March 13, 2015
- April 10, 2015
- May 8, 2015
Thank you to everyone, together we collected 15,488 BoxTops and earned $1,548.80! Continue to collect them and we will have another BoxTop drive in the spring.
Van Arsdale PTSA is proud to sponsor Van Arsdale Family Math Night on November 13, 2014. Come anytime between 6:00pm and 7:30pm to play math games related to the new Math Expressions curriculum, learn about math technology tools, see how the kids learn in class, and have your questions answered. Refreshments will be available and every kid who attends will have the chance to earn a special prize! There is no charge for the event. To RSVP, please complete a RSVP form.
It’s Fundraiser delivery week! Please head to the gym on Thursday between 2:30-4:30 to collect your orders. If you can’t make it please send someone in your place because no orders can be left at the school after Thursday. Congratulations to all of our Superstar Limo Prize recipients! Friday afternoon from 1-3 pm the PTSA will personally chaperone all Limo riders to and from their classrooms to enjoy their Superstar Party! AM Kindergarteners will be riding at 1pm so please check your child in at the office by 12:50. All 3rd Grade parents, please know that we are aware of your field trip and have made arrangements to chaperone your kids from 2-3. ALL STUDENTS need to have a signed permission slip turned into the office ASAP! Hard copies are coming home with your kids today, copies are also available in the office, or you may print on off. Email Cathi Kruse at email@example.com if you have any questions, especially if you think your child is not on our Limo list and should be! To qualify your child must have sold (or paid through booster club) 20 items each or 30 items as a family. We will have our Superstar Party even if it rains.
Help our school raise money for OutDoor Lab, a very important program available only in Jefferson County! Van Arsdale Elementary has until Dec 1 to pay our fees and 6th Grade parents have decided to raise money in the craziest way possible! We will be dropping golf balls out of a helicopter!
Buy as many golf balls as you like. Every golf ball will have a number on it. On Oct 31, during our Halloween parade (2:30pm) we will drop these numbered golf balls from a helicopter onto targets on the Youth Memorial fields behind the school. If your number lands closest to the target, you win a great prize! Like an iPad, or a family dinner and many others! And it’s super easy to do!
Step 1: Go to https://www.mygolfballdrop.com/e/Van_Arsdale_Ball_Drop (Or click the picture in this post)
Step 2: Click on the ‘Purchase Golf Balls’ tab on the right.
Step 3: Wait to see if you’ve won (we’ll email everyone after the event) or show up and see for yourself!
Thank you for supporting our school!
Having problems creating a page for your child? We are working on the issue, in the meantime download the form below your student can use and turn in to their teachers so they can still get credit for their sales!
Join us September 26th for a fun evening at the school. We have many games this year and will be having local FOOD TRUCKS provide a variety of dining options. Please be aware that the food trucks will NOT be accepting carnival tickets as payment. They will be accepting cash and possibly credit only.
Click the attachment for more information and to order tickets!
Did you know that Van Arsdale is one of the only schools in Jeffco that offers Enrichment classes for our students? We are proud of this and would like to expand our program by adding a more diverse roster this year. Classes we are interested in bringing to the school include:
But we can’t do it alone. If you have 2-3 hours to volunteer and would like to be in charge of bringing one or more of these important programs to Van Arsdale, please contact Lila Schow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Some sizes are going fast so shop early for the best selection. Child and adult sizes are available.
T-shirts are $10 and hoodie pullover sweatshirts are $20.
See you in August!
Staff Appreciation is May 5th-9th. Click here for more information!! Staff Appreciation
Please help us show appreciation of our staff by supplying some treats for the teacher’s lounge during the week.
Please sign up on Sign-up Genius: https://www.
Join us for a fun evening at the school. We have many NEW games this year and will be having local FOOD TRUCKS provide a variety of dining options.
We need your help! Please sign up to volunteer or donate a cake below!